Don't be fooled by the ingredients list, this is actually a super super easy meal to create for a large group of people. And it takes less that 30 minutes. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice. Herbs on top with some lime.
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or ghee
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- punnet of whole cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 tbsp curry powder
- 1tbs fish sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- Fish fillets - depending on size and how many people you are feeding, i usually go 100g to per person (500g)
- 2 cans of coconut cream depends how thick you like it.
- 1 1/2 cup water or broth
- 1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander and lime to serve
- 2 cups of rice
- Add ghee to pan, and heat over a medium to high heat. Cook onion, and garlic for 3 minutes then add in curry powder until fragrant. Add fish sauce, coconut milk, water, cherry tomatoes (I also added zucchini)…and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 8- 10 min.
- Add in fish fillets and poach for 7-10 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with rice, lime and coriander.
How to make the perfect rice
- 1 cup of water to 1 1/2 cups of water (always use this ratio)
- pinch of salt
- Add water, salt and rice to a pot, bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, lid on and bring to a simmer for 12-14 minutes (don't remove the lid).
- Take off the stove and let it sit for another 10 minutes.
- Removed lid and fluff with your fork, add pepper and a tbsp of butter.