Delicious seedy loaf that you can enjoy savoury or sweet on. I love this loaf, its got all the taste with out the hard work. It's adapted by Teresa Cutter, the healthy chef and an inspiration. Enjoy this flourless, paleo, vegan and keto friendly bread.
- 1 3/4 cups of white quinoa
- 1/4 chia seed
- 1 cup water (1/2 cup for chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (chickpea brine or use 1 egg)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp seaweed salt
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup of water overnight
- Soak quinoa in plenty of water overnight
- Preheat oven to 160°C .
- Drain quinoa, place all ingredients into high speed blender/thermomix
- Mix on high, or speed 5 for 3 min - the mixture should look like a batter consistency still with little bits of whole quinoa
- Line bread tin with baking, pour in and sprinkle with sesame and sunflower seeds, dust with cumin.
- Bake for 1 hr and 30 min
Recipe adapted from Teresa Cutter - The Healthy Chef who is absolutely amazing! I added some spices and brine to give it a bit more fluff, and kick. Add a bit of chilli powder if you dare.