I started experimenting the other day for a sugar-less hot chocolate with a little kick to it rather than your regular hot choccy. So after a few experiments with different milks and spices, I came up with this one.
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- pinch of chilli powder (optional for extra kick)
- pinch of salt
- 4 cocao melts (or cocoa powder - 2 tsp)
- 1 tbsp organic ghee/butter (optional - gives a creamier texture)
- 4 drops stevia (or chosen sweetener)
- 700ml of chosen milk (I find soy works best or home made almond milk with frothing)
- Place all ingredients into a pot, slowly keep stirring till cocao melts are completely melted.
- Stir for another minute, then grab a whisk and vigorously whisk until desired froth.
- Place all ingredients into bowl, speed 3, 80 degrees, 4 minutes.
- Wiz on speed 8, 30 seconds. Serve in mugs